Saturday, September 01, 2018 - Sunday, September 30, 2018
During the month of September as a church family we will be focusing on living a life of generosity. When we give, we are putting our trust and faith in God to provide. We are partnering with God in faith – faith is what pleases God! “Giving is more than a responsibility – it is a privilege; more than an act of obedience – it is evidence of our faith.”
We invite you to partner with us by taking part in the 29 day giving challenge, by joining the Trinity Dream Team, by visiting the Heart Gallery in Trinity Central, & joining us as Pastor Carl begins a new sermon series where we will learn about how God blesses us exceedingly when we are willing to live generously.
29 Day Giving Challenge
"Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do," says the LORD of Heaven's Armies, "I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!" - Malachi 3:10
Our prayer for you is that you will find where you are on this journey of generosity, and inquire of our Heavenly Father where He wants you to be. And then we, at Trinity Church, can have the privilege of walking with you on that journey.
We believe that Giving
- Strengthens our faith. When we give, we are putting our trust and faith in God to provide. We are partnering with God in faith – faith is what pleases God! “Giving is more than a responsibility – it is a privilege; more than an act of obedience – it is evidence of our faith.” – William Arthur Ward
- Energizes us. God wants us to experience the joy of being rich in goodness and generosity. God richly provides everything for our enjoyment. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
- Draws us to God. Tithing is the tangible way that we put God first in our lives and clearly establish our priorities and who we are serving. Tithing was created for our benefit. It is to teach us how to keep God first in our lives and how to be unselfish people. Unselfish people make better husbands, wives, friends, relatives, employees and employers. God is trying to teach us how to prosper over time.
- Connect us. Together, we are able to accomplish far more than most of us can achieve individually. It’s giving money through the church, rather than to the church. When people give to the church, they are giving to sustain the institution. However, when people give through the church, they are empowering ministry.
- Is for Everyone.
- Start where your faith is.
- Start with a percentage.
- Be consistent in your giving as an act of worship
- Increase that percentage as your faith grows
Trinity Dream Team
"As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love." - Ephesians 4:16
What is the Dream Team?
The Dream Team is incredible people who have discovered their unique design, found their place and are making an eternal difference!
Where can I learn more?
Dream Central is the heart of the Trinity Dream Team, located in Trinity Central. Stop by during the weekend experience so we can meet you and introduce you to the Dream Team. You belong here!
How do I join the Dream Team?
The Heart Gallery
"But you, God, see the trouble of the afflicted. You consider their grief and take it in hand. The victims commit themselves to you; you are the helper of the fatherless." - Psalm 10:14
Live Generously Sermon Series
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
Is it any wonder that the Bible verse that most explicitly expresses the beauty of the gift we have received in Christ Jesus would also communicate something about God’s gracious generosity? Because God loved the world, he gave. We desire to live such an extraordinary life that our Heavenly Father is honored and pleased. We all want to hear on that final day, "Well done, my good and faithful servant." For our time on earth, we are to grow in our journey as stewards each and every day. We will never arrive at generosity, just like we will never arrive at holiness. However, that shouldn't keep us, from learning and growing every day to become more generous. Join Pastor Carl during the month of September as we learn and grow together!