POSITION SUMMARY: The Technical Director is responsible for the direct management and operations of the Technical/Production department at Trinity. These responsibilities included all audio, video, and lighting. This individual is responsible for developing and maintaining a healthy culture among these areas while training and empowering these teams both professionally and spiritually.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervisor responsibilities: AVL - shared Video department with Marketing Director
- Direct and oversee digital media production, sound, manual and automated lighting, video creation and production, live broadcast production, multi-site video feeds, live
- Responsible for all live and streamed events for main campus
- Work directly with school on AVL needs throughout the school year (chapel, guest speakers, technical equipment)
- Provide leadership to team of AVL specialists and technical assistance to the video specialist.
- Participate in the creative planning, production, and utilization of digital media and video in all worship services and special events.
- Recruit, develop, and supervise team members and volunteers, accept and delegate responsibility, maintain high morale and represent leadership in designated areas of ministry.
- Supervise the scheduling, setup, and staffing of all technical and video requests for special events (weddings, funerals, conferences, departmental needs for ministries, etc.)
- Establish and maintain high level of expertise in the use of video, sound, and lighting to produce a creative, consistent, and excellent worship experience and environment.
- Actively participate in the planning and enhancement of multimedia technologies for new facilities.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsource and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Attend all required meetings (Creative Team, Chapel, Technical Team, Ministry Teams, etc.)
- Direct the planning and installing of video system upgrades and enhancements.
- Responsible for all equipment maitenance, upgrades and installs for Trinity Inc (projectors, TVs, sound equipment
- Supervise personnel including: hiring, determining workload and delegating assignments, training, monitoring and evaluating performance, and initiating corrective or disciplinary actions
- Coordinate budgeting process for the AVL department with the process outlined by the Business Office.
- Track financial activity throughout the year, monitoring actual expenses vs. budget and ensuring that departments are stewarding their respective budgets.
- Regularly collaborate with the Facilities Director to support any building initiatives and identify areas of impact to the weekend experience.
- Attend regular staff meetings and retreats.
- Establish departmental goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, planning an appropriate budget, delegating tasks and evaluating progress regularly.
- Frequently required to lift up to 30lsb. Extended times of sitting, standing, stooping, bending, climbing.
- Help develop the Vision, Mission and Values Statement of Trinity Church and Grow in personal discipleship through: Bible study, Life groups, Prayer, Giving of Tithe and Offerings.
- Must be a member of Trinity Church.
- Affirms that Scripture defines the roles of male and female and Romans 1:21-27; Romans 1:24-32 condemns the homosexual lifestyle. (1 Cor. 6:9-20; Eph 4:1-11, 5:3-5)
- Trinity Church and School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law as it applies to churches. However, Trinity does discriminate on the basis of religion.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Multimedia Communications, Arts/Music or related degree. 6-8 years of related work experience with multimedia technology; Have strong technical knowledge of multimedia technologies. Maintain strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards. 3 years experience working with pastoral staff in Church size of 1,000 or more. Ability to lead a ministry department staff; Ability to effectively organize, and plan events. Willingness to follow the vision of the senior pastor and the vision, vision, value of the Church.
Extensive application support experience. Proven experience in Multimedia infrastructure and