TCS Finance/Accounting Assistant
Position is Full-Time: 40/week - 12 months
POSITION SUMMARY: To serve the School by providing high level financial support, working closely with the appropriate leadership to ensure financial success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Budget. Prepares, manages and oversees the budget
- Team leader. Leads the financial aspects of the team of administrative staff that support each part of the School
- Spending. Watch, guide and control spending.
- Gatekeeper. Review all purchasing to ensure in line with Trinity philosophies/internal controls/policies & Procedures and in accordance with budget.
- Analyze. Regular reflection on the return on investment for financial decisions. Identify proactive solutions.
- Expectation giver. Know the policies and procedures and ensure the staff are adequately trained on all financial matters.
- Accounting. Reconcile, report and follow-up on financial matters.
- Deposits. Assist with miscellaneous deposits weekly. Record all deposits.
- Cross trained as a backup to the AR specialist.
- Missions program. Assist/understand the missions trip budgets. Track all mission trips registrations and deposits in appropriate software. Track and reconcile to financial records.
- Reporting. Prepares monthly financials that accurately portray the financial picture of TCS.
- Vendor/credit card payments Work with AP to ensure timely payment of all vendors. Prepares check requests that cannot be assigned to other School Administrative staff.
- Internal controls. Know the philosophy and standards for internal controls at Trinity and communicate these matters to staff. Hold all accountable to those processes.
- Inventory. Manage tagging and annual inventory of all TCS assets in coordination with AP specialist
- Spiritually mature follower of Christ that is trustworthy and active in their church.
- Affirms that Scripture defines the roles of male and female and Romans 1:21-27; Romans 1:24-32 condemns the homosexual lifestyle. (1 Cor. 6:9-20; Eph 4:1-11, 5:3-5)
- Trinity Church and School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law as it applies to churches. However, Trinity does discriminate on the basis of religion.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma/GED required; 2 years experience in bookkeeping; Prefer experience with private education establishment or similar non-profit organization. Combination of experience and education may be considered. Ability to plan and manage multiple projects; attention to detail; computer proficient with Word and Excel a must. High level interpersonal, communication and/or public relations skills is a must.