Part-time Student Ministries Assistant
Part-time position: 20-24 hours per week. Weekends required
POSITION SUMMARY: The Student Ministry Assistant will serve the church by assisting the Student Ministries Pastor in developing, coordinating and administering events, and discipling students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fulfill weekly stage or behind the scenes roles for TSM and 56 worship experiences
- Become proficient in Touch Point
- Assist in organizing events for TSM and 56
- Manage and maintain Propresenter for weekly services
- Organize and maintain supplies for TSM and 56
- Work with Dream Team and Student Ministries Pastor to recruit new volunteers
- Train new volunteers
- Lead both junior high and high school small groups
- Participate in TSM Student Leadership
- Weekly areas of ministry on Sunday mornings (Guest Central, Altar Ministry, Greetings, etc.)
- When schedule allows, serve within other Trinity Church departments during large or special events (e.g. Kid’s Camp, VBS, Kids’ Night Out, Missions, Christmas Blessing, etc.)
Spiritual maturity: Expected to model a deepening relationship with Christ through prayerful dependence, studying scripture, living a life that reflects Christ-honoring growth and exemplifies Trinity Church’s core values. Financial stability: Expected to model stewardship to God and the church by teaching and personally giving to both tithes and offerings. Excellence, not perfection: Lead TSM to do their very best in all areas—producing efficient and effective ministries for TSM students and teens of Lubbock.
- Support the Vision, Mission and Values Statement of Trinity Church and Grow in personal discipleship through: Bible study, Life groups, Prayer, Giving of Tithe and Offerings.
- Must be a member of Trinity Church.
At minimum, high school diploma; preferably working toward undergrad Biblical degree and/or ministerial certification. 2 yrs exp. serving in a major leadership role within a local church youth ministry or similar ministry.