KidsPlace Ministry Assistant
Full-time (weekends required)
Position Summary: The Kidsplace Assistant works with the Early Childhood and Elementary Ministries to ensure all environments and teams are prepared for effective ministry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with planning, administrating, and conducting all Kidsplace special events.
- Partner with team in development of events.
- Assist team with curriculum & activity prep.
- Assist team with set-up.
- Assist with team development & communication.
- Events include and are not limited to KidCon, Kids’ Night Out, Child Dedication & Special Event Childcare, conferences, special emphases, and team trainings and meetings
- Ensure materials are prepared for weekend and midweek services in Lil’ Kidsplace & Kidsplace environments. (Includes classroom bins and Leadership Binders)
- Assist with scheduling and communicating with teams.
- Assist with the set up and tear down of ministry environments before & after services.
- Participate in weekend rotation schedule with the Children’s Pastor & Early Childhood Ministry Leader, assisting with team oversight, recruiting, and attending service.
- Assist in setting up ministry teams for success during the weekend service.
- Assist the Early Childhood Director with making sure teachers are present and in place for all weekend services. Act as Service Coordinator-checking on rooms and ensuring ministry is running smoothly.
- Assist in conducting Service Coordinator Huddles Saturday & Sunday morning for Elementary Ministries.
- Keep in contact with the Children’s Pastor & Early Childhood Ministry Leader of any problems or concerns within the ministry area.
- Maintain inventory and organization of early childhood resource room, and early childhood and elementary closets. Identify and communicate upcoming needs. o Keep closets organized and stocked with all supplies needed.
- Participate in the recruiting of children’s workers for all ministry opportunities.
- Participate in Growth Track rotation with Children’s Pastor & Early Childhood Ministry Leader
- Sunday is a regular work day; taking off should be limited to 4 times per year.
- Help develop the Vision, Mission and Values Statement of Trinity Church and Grow in personal discipleship through: Bible study, Life groups, Prayer, Giving of Tithe and Offerings.
- Must be a member of Trinity Church.
- Affirms that Scripture defines the roles of male and female and Romans 1:21-27; Romans 1:24-32 condemns the homosexual lifestyle. (1 Cor. 6:9-20; Eph 4:1-11, 5:3-5)
- Trinity Church and School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law as it applies to churches. However, Trinity does discriminate on the basis of religion.
QUALIFICATIONS: 2 years experience working in a library, resource center or classroom is desired. High-School.Diploma/GED required. Combination of experience and education may be considered. Strong oral and written communication skills; Ability to take direction and to work independently; Personable and creative; Proven Problem-Solving skills; Ability to work well within the Next Generations Ministry team; Desire to see children come to know and follow Jesus.