IT Help Desk Tech
Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, by email, or in person.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Train computer users.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Clean up computers.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Help troubleshoot network equipment.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
- Must be a member of Trinity Church.
- Affirms that Scripture defines the roles of male and female and Romans 1:21-27; Romans 1:24-32 condemns the homosexual lifestyle. (1 Cor. 6:9-20; Eph 4:1-11, 5:3-5)
- Trinity Church and School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law as it applies to churches. However, Trinity does discriminate on the basis of religio
High School Diploma required; Prefer BS/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field. Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role. Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote access programs. Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products. Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues. Proficiency in English. Excellent communication skills. Must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. Must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers.