POSITION SUMMARY: The Leader of Nursery and Early Childhood Ministry leads activities of the Nursery and Early Childhood department (Birth – Preschool 5 year olds.) Provide ministerial/religious/worship and physical well being of the children, laying the emotional and spiritual foundation for their Christian education. This entails proper supervision of ministries for these ages on Weekend Services, Wednesday Nights, and Special Nursery events. This position requires the ability to work collaboratively and effectively across a variety of teams and projects. This position requires one to exercise discretion and independent judgment. Must be able to work weekends and Wednesday evening.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gather, organize, train, disciple and support volunteers to ensure success and effective implementation of church ministry objectives.
- Lead, empower, equip and shepherd Special Nursery and Early Childhood staff and volunteers for all services, providing feedback and expectations.
- Spread the faith and build spiritual foundation by implementing bible based curriculum that closely aligns with Trinity values.
- Disciple children and seek parent involvement in these efforts.
- Participate in student worship and discipleship by overseeing the coordination of childcare for ministry events or meetings. (classroom assignments and activities)
- Disciple, pray and participate in events honoring parents and new babies.
- Personally help build spiritual foundation by being involved in religious/worship style events: VBS, Summer camps, Kids Night Out, Easter and Christmas programs.
- Prayerfully build and spread the spiritual bond between parent and child.
- Shepherd all families involved in KidsPlace, especially with new families.
- Build spiritual relations and supervise ministry volunteers, and part-time assistant
- Manage ministry budget and expenses for Early Childhood and Special Nursery, set by Next Generations Ministry Pastor
- Implement effective interpersonal relationships and classroom management skills
- Develop and implement nursery policies and communicate them to staff and volunteers
- Organize, develop and maintain a list of current volunteers for each ministry area and their needs to carry out their volunteered task.
- Develop and organize plans with EEC Director to ensure cleanliness, safety, proper resources and supplies for services.
- Ensure that appropriate safety and security procedures are established and followed in the department; this includes criminal background checks for volunteers, health issues, and other procedures to ensure the safety and security of children in the church’s care.
- Help develop the Vision, Mission and Values Statement of Trinity Church and Grow in personal discipleship through: Bible study, Life groups, Prayer, Giving of Tithe and Offerings.
- Must be a member of Trinity Church.
- Affirms that Scripture defines the roles of male and female and Romans 1:21-27; Romans 1:24-32 condemns the homosexual lifestyle. (1 Cor. 6:9-20; Eph 4:1-11, 5:3-5)
- Trinity Church and School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law as it applies to churches. However, Trinity does discriminate on the basis of religion.
QUALIFICATIONS: Degree preferred; Religious Studies or Childhood Development. 3-5 years related experience and/or training; Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Prefer 3 years experience working with pastoral staff in Church size of 1,000 or more on staff or as volunteer.