We've changed service times! Join us on Saturdays at 5:00 PM or Sundays at 10:45 AM for a contemporary worship service, or Sundays at 9:00 AM for a classic blend service.
If you do not yet feel comfortable joining us in person, please join us for
during any of our normal service times!
In times like these, we are so grateful to also have access
to an interactive online church experience.
If you haven’t yet downloaded the free Trinity app,
we encourage you to do so!
StatementS on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Reopening Update from Pastor Carl | May 4, 2020
Dear Trinity Family,
With Governor Abbott's announcement to lift the shelter-in-place and begin reopening businesses in Texas starting May 1st, we are also excited to reopen our doors at Trinity Church beginning Mother's Day weekend!
The following services will be open to attend in-person at Trinity Church.
Saturday, May 9th at 5 pm
Sunday, May 10th at 10 am
Before reading further, please know this. Our greatest concern during this process is to protect the safety and well-being of our Trinity family, our guests, and our community. As a result, we have implemented safety conditions and guidelines to maintain social distancing for our staff members and congregation. These guidelines are listed below.
In addition, please note - we will not be offering KidsPlace during weekend services until further notice. Parents are encouraged to take advantage of incredible weekly online content from our KidsPlace team until we can safely return to weekly gatherings. We will continue to stream all services online. If, for any reason, you feel it would be best for your family to join us online, you can view on the Trinity Church Facebook page, or at live.trinitytoday.com.
We are excited to gather again! However, to best serve you and to help us ensure a safe environment, we need your help! Please take a few minutes to answer this short survey. This will greatly enhance our ability to plan appropriately and best serve our Trinity Families.
We are so grateful for your participation and engagement over the last few weeks. The stories and testimonies of all that God has done continue to come in. We are convinced now more than ever that God truly does work all things out for good for those who love him and are called according to his purpose.
Our Safety Conditions for Gathering:
- Encourage all vulnerable individuals to utilize our online worship experience from home. Vulnerable Individuals have been defined as: elderly individuals or individuals with serious underlying health conditions, including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma, and those whose immune system is compromised, such as by chemotherapy for cancer and other conditions requiring such therapy.
- All staff members and volunteers will have their temperatures taken before entering the premises. Everyone sanitizes their hands before entering the Sanctuary.
- Encourage attendees to utilize any personal protective equipment they feel necessary, i.e. masks and gloves.
- Ushers seat people according to CDC and Governor Abbott's guideline-every other row, every 3rd seat.
- Dismiss by row, so there is not a crowd as people leave.
- Security officers onsite to watch that social distancing of 6 feet is maintained.
- Offering buckets will not be used.
- Ministry time during service will be modified until further notice.
- Communion will be suspended until further notice, upon resuming individually wrapped communion elements, will be utilized.
- Sanitize chairs between services.
- Facilities to be cleaned between Saturday and Sunday services.
- Staff/volunteers will wear masks.
You're God's Best,
Senior Pastor Carl Toti
Update From Pastor Carl | March 19, 2020
We wanted to take a moment and update you on our decisions concerning COVID-19.
We’ve continued to monitor updates from the Center for Disease Control and our state and federal elected officials. Earlier this week, Mayor Pope recommended no gatherings larger than 50. President Trump encouraged all of us to extend this to gatherings over ten people.
We will not react in fear—but we will walk in wisdom. After much consideration and prayer, we’ve decided to host all of our weekend services online. All four services will be live-streamed. Pastor Carl will share a special message titled “Don’t Be Alarmed - Hope in the Face of Uncertainty.” You will be able to worship with us here.
Until further notice, all Midweek activities will move to online platforms, which will include Midweek in the Chapel, Life Groups, Growth Track, Forward, TSM, and Kidsplace. Pastors and ministry leaders for those areas will send out further communication about how you can participate in your Midweek activities.
Our heart is to serve our families well during this time. As a church, we have access to Right Now Media. This tool gives you access to Bible Studies and Children’s Content. To utilize this resource, click here. Our Generations Team has worked hard to put together resources for you and provide online services for your children. Kidsplace and Student Ministry Resources can found here.
The Trinity staff will be working to provide additional points of contact through Facebook, Instagram, and more. We will also be working to reach out to you. We want to pray for you. If you have prayer requests, please send them to .
Months ago, we planned for our 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting to be during this time. We don’t believe that is a coincidence. We believe God is going to move mightily as we pray and fast for the city.
The ministry of Trinity is possible because of your faithful generosity! Although we will be moving to online services, you are still able to continue to give financially online, or by mail so that the ministry of Trinity Church continues to thrive during this challenging season. In light of all that is happening, Trinity is more determined than ever to reach as many people as we can with the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Click here to give online. Or if you prefer to give by mail, you can make payable to "Trinity Church" and mail to 7002 Canton Ave, Lubbock, TX 79413.
We will continue to provide updates to our staff, congregation, school, and parents as needed. Please continue to look for further communication from us on this matter.
“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline [abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control].” - 2 Timothy 1:7 AMP
Pastor Carl Toti
Update from Pastor Carl | March 12, 2020
As the United States responds to this severe flu and cold season and prepares for the spread of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have also begun making preparations to help keep everyone as healthy and safe as possible when we gather for worship and other events.
First and foremost, in times of uncertainty, we need to look to Jesus’ words for comfort and guidance. He said, “Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:27). Jesus knew that fear paralyzes us and hinders our ability to respond effectively to the challenges of life.
We also want to ease your concerns by sharing the steps Trinity Church is taking during this time to safeguard and protect our congregation and staff. While most of these measures are already diligently taken on a routine and consistent basis, rest assured the following actions will be in place until further notice:
- Our Guest Experience Teams (GXP Ushers & Greeters) will open the doors for you when you arrive at church and we will greet each other with a friendly wave instead of a handshake;
- Similarly, during the “Welcome” portion of our worship services, we will not be asking those present to shake the hands of other guests;
- As a precaution, we will not take communion together during our services; however, it will continue to be available at the stations on the sides of the platform. Also, please consider partaking in communion at home with your family;
- When checking into Kidsplace and Dream Team, dedicated check-in attendants will be available to check-in on the iPads;
- We will be conducting additional cleanings across all of our locations, and our staff will be using sanitizer to wipe down shared and frequently touched surfaces before and after each service;
- We have hand sanitizer stations across all of our locations;
- We are increasing the frequency of sanitization in Kidsplace, including wiping down all surfaces such as play areas and toys.
We also recommend the following to keep your family healthy during this time:
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well. If your child has a fever or other flu/cold symptoms, we ask that you please keep them home as well. If you choose to stay home, we’d love for you to join us online for service. ALL service times (Saturday at 5pm, Sunday at 8:30am, 10am and 11:45am) are live streamed on our website and the Sunday 10am service is live on our Facebook page.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Maintain proper hygiene by thoroughly washing your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in your home using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe;
Know that we have already begun implementing the above measures and will continue to monitor any additional steps for the future. We will also continue to follow guidance from local and national authorities on appropriate next steps and necessary precautions our church should take. We appreciate your partnership in maintaining the health and safety of the Trinity Church family. New information will be communicated promptly to you. Continue to watch for future communications about our weekend service times.
Congregational Update | March 9, 2020
We are taking steps to help avoid the spread of any flu virus, including the coronavirus. We are carefully monitoring developments with the coronavirus and we are in contact with state and local health departments. We have sanitizer stations located throughout our facilities. Our facilities are cleaned thoroughly daily. We ask that you partner with us by following instructions following our health & wellness policies. Any directives from the World Health Organization, CDC, or local governmental organizations should be followed. It is important to remember that handling the spread of a serious contagion like the coronavirus is primarily a task for public health agencies. We will continue to provide updates to school, parents, staff and our congregation as needed. We will not react in fear - but we will walk in wisdom!
If you have questions about what is happening in Lubbock, more information and answers to frequently asked questions is available on the Texas Department of State Health & Lubbock County websites:
Texas Department of State Health - Coronavirus
Lubbock County - Coronavirus
Our sincerest prayers for health and safety are with you all
~Trinity Executive Team